Information for Current Graduate Students
Have questions about who to ask? Or how to finish? These pages include a variety of information for/about being a current graduate student in the Department of Geography.
The Graduate Studies Committee deals with graduate admissions, recruitment and awards; graduate budget; and graduate affairs (advising, TA policies and grievances, strategic issues). Two members of the committee coordinate graduate admissions and budget.
Typically, the GSC is typically comprised of 4 faculty members (one from each subarea), 2 graduate students (chosen by the graduate student community), and the Graduate Director.
The Committee roster for 2012-13 is:
- Jim Burt, chair
- Jack Williams (Physical Geography)
- Keith Woodward (Human Geography)
- Matt Turner (People/Environment)
- A-Xing Zhu (Cart/GIS)
- Sharon Kahn, Graduate Director
- Sarah Bennett, Graduate Student
- Garrett Nelson, Graduate Student